My TBR Pile
I think Jake is kind of irritated with me because next to our bed is an ever-changing, never-shrinking pile of magazines, newspaper clippings, copies of articles, and books. Every once in a while he trips over them, but he doesn't say anything. Hee hee. I just like to pick with that man.
The books are there because I am actually reading all of them. Like many people, I read many books at one time. I get bored and want something completely different or some days I end up wandering to the book shelf and irresistibly drawn in. In fact, I just thought of something else I want to read right now.
As of today this is a part of the pile:
Novel and Stories by Shirley Jackson. I never read The Haunting of Hill House and I am loving it.
There Goes My Everything by Jason Sokol. I wanted to read this a few years ago but never got around it. It is about how the civil rights movement affected and changed the lives of white people in the south.
Stories and Legends. Leo Tolstoy.
Substitute Me. Lori L. Tharps.
This is a re-read for me. I am trying to understand why the main character does what she ends up doing.
The Classic Illustrated Sherlock Holmes. Sir Arthur Conan Doyle.
I just love the who done its.
A String of Expression: Techniques For Transforming Art and Life Into Jewelry. June Roman
Dubliners. James Joyce.
I need to re-read "The Dead" because I want to write about it.
The County Of The Pointed Firs. Sarah Orne Jewett.
This woman writes my heart. I just love her.
Oxford Pocket Dictionary.
Oprah Magazine February 2011.
The Abyss. Orson Scott Card. I am addicted to him.
The Little Red Writing Book. Brandon Royal. Truly forgot this book was down there.
An article on "The Dead."
Washington Post Magazine July 4, 2010.
There is more but I don't want to type it all. I have another pile in the livingroom.
Invisible Man. Ralph Ellison. This is a book I am supposed to have read. I am considering it.
Healing Wise. Susun S. Weed. This is to help me with my chronic health problems.
Meridian. Alice Walker. This is also on my list of book I am supposed to be reading.
Oil and Water and Other Things That Don't Mix: Anthology to raise funds to aid the Gulf Coast clean up. Assorted authors. Edited by Zetta Brown and Nicky Wheeler-Nicholson Brown. Proceeds from this book go to the Bay Area Food Bank and the Mobile Baykeeper.
Silences. Tillie Olsen. I found this at the Goodwill and wanted to read it.
I just have too many books or can one ever have too many? Jake thinks I do.
The books are there because I am actually reading all of them. Like many people, I read many books at one time. I get bored and want something completely different or some days I end up wandering to the book shelf and irresistibly drawn in. In fact, I just thought of something else I want to read right now.
As of today this is a part of the pile:
Novel and Stories by Shirley Jackson. I never read The Haunting of Hill House and I am loving it.
There Goes My Everything by Jason Sokol. I wanted to read this a few years ago but never got around it. It is about how the civil rights movement affected and changed the lives of white people in the south.
Stories and Legends. Leo Tolstoy.
Substitute Me. Lori L. Tharps.
This is a re-read for me. I am trying to understand why the main character does what she ends up doing.
The Classic Illustrated Sherlock Holmes. Sir Arthur Conan Doyle.
I just love the who done its.
A String of Expression: Techniques For Transforming Art and Life Into Jewelry. June Roman
Dubliners. James Joyce.
I need to re-read "The Dead" because I want to write about it.
The County Of The Pointed Firs. Sarah Orne Jewett.
This woman writes my heart. I just love her.
Oxford Pocket Dictionary.
Oprah Magazine February 2011.
The Abyss. Orson Scott Card. I am addicted to him.
The Little Red Writing Book. Brandon Royal. Truly forgot this book was down there.
An article on "The Dead."
Washington Post Magazine July 4, 2010.
There is more but I don't want to type it all. I have another pile in the livingroom.
Invisible Man. Ralph Ellison. This is a book I am supposed to have read. I am considering it.
Healing Wise. Susun S. Weed. This is to help me with my chronic health problems.
Meridian. Alice Walker. This is also on my list of book I am supposed to be reading.
Oil and Water and Other Things That Don't Mix: Anthology to raise funds to aid the Gulf Coast clean up. Assorted authors. Edited by Zetta Brown and Nicky Wheeler-Nicholson Brown. Proceeds from this book go to the Bay Area Food Bank and the Mobile Baykeeper.
Silences. Tillie Olsen. I found this at the Goodwill and wanted to read it.
I just have too many books or can one ever have too many? Jake thinks I do.
