Poem For Today
Phylicia Barnes, the seventeen year old young woman who disappeared from Baltimore in December 2010, still influences me from the grave. When her body was found naked on April 20, 2010 in the Susquehanna River, I didn't and still don't have the words to express my grief. I turned to poetry to try and find some metaphor to deal with this kind of horror Her killer/killers have not been found. Anyone who could kill that beautiful young woman is very dangerous. If someone knows something, please tell it before someone else is killed.
I'm bringing this back because I don't think I'm exposed to enough poetry. I like reading through books of poetry to find poems to put on this blog. Enjoy.
| Be Glad Your Nose is on Your Face | ||
| by Jack Prelutsky | ||
Be glad your nose is on your face, | ||